Dr. Dougherty now offers the SkinPen by Bellus Medical
SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device.
What is Micro needling?
- It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.1
How does Micro Needling work?
- SkinPen creates hundreds to thousands of “micro” skin punctures per second to stimulate the skin’s natural wound healing process – inflammation, proliferation, and remodeling – to prompt tissue remodeling without causing scar tissue formation.2 Most patients can return to normal activities within 24 hours.
Will the Micro Needling with a SkinPen work for me?
- Unlike some alternatives, SkinPen has been clinically proven to be effective for women and men with skin ranging from light to very dark.1 Likewise, unlike lasers or chemical peels that can damage skin over the long term, SkinPen treatments, when properly spaced and overseen by a physician, can be used for years.
What can I expect during a treatment of Micro Needling with a SkinPen@
- A plan for optimal results. Dr. D may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, Dr. D. will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol is very important regardless of any procedure you receive. That is why Dr. D. carries AQ Skin Solutions.
- AQ's GF technology refers to an advanced, innovative method of producing human growth factors and employing them in topical cosmeceuticals. Growth factors (GFs) are a group of specialized, fragile proteins that act as chemical messengers between many cell types. Critical for the activation of cellular functions, GFs are found naturally in the human body, specifically fibroblast cells. Selective growth factors play a role in increasing cell production, cell division, blood vessel production, and collagen and elastin production.