Facial Injectable in Wilmington, DE
Why Should I See My Dentist For Facial Injectables?
Are you asking yourself why you would go to your dentist to receive facial injectable treatments? My question to you is why wouldn't you go to your dentist for your facial injectable treatments? Dentists are highly trained specialists in the head and neck who go through at least 8 years of medical/dental school to earn their degree. We have been highly educated on the anatomy of the head and neck, the area that extends from the chin to the forehead and we are more qualified to administer facial injectables than any other.
You may be unable to avoid getting older, but you don't need to look like you are getting older. Facial injectables offer the perfect way to enjoy smoother skin younger looking skin without plastic surgery.
Q & A with Dr. Dougherty
- What is botox?
- Wrinkles and fine lines often develop in areas where you frequently frown or contract your facial muscles. Facial injectables prevent nerve signals from traveling to your facial muscles, stopping contractions and allowing your muscles to relax. Once the muscles are relaxed, the skin over them becomes smoother. Facial injectables are made from the Clostridium botulinum bacteria and is purified to ensure your safety.
- What is filler?
- Filler works by adding volume to the facial tissue through its active ingredient, hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the human body. It stimulates the production of the connective tissue that plumps the skin (collagen). As you age the production of hyaluronic acid and collagen decreases which increases the appearance of sagging and wrinkling of the facial skin.
- How often do I need to get
botox or filler done?
- Depending on the area, botox is recommended every 3-6 months. The longer you receive botox the longer it lasts.
- Depending on the type of filler used, it can last anywhere from 12-18 months.
- What areas can I get botox?
- Crow's feet
- Vertical lines between the eyes
- Forehead lines and furrows
- Wrinkles around the mouth
- What areas can I get filler?
- Thinning lips
- Shallow areas on the face
- Shadow or wrinkle under the eyes caused by the lower eyelid
- Recessed scars
- Static wrinkles, especially on the lower face
- How do I know if I need botox or filler?
- Prior to receiving any treatment, I sit down with you and discuss what your concerns are. Then we take numerous pictures and from there I will give you my recommendations. I am a firm believer in a little goes a long way; I want all of my cosmetic treatments to look amazing but natural.
- What type of training does it require to give facial injections?
- Injectable wrinkle relaxers must be administered by a physician; a PA, NP or RN is also legally permitted to administer injectables under the supervision of a licensed physician. As a dentist, I have extensive education on the head and neck region giving me as dentist a better understanding of facial anatomy and where injectables should be safely and effectively given.
- When should I start getting this type of aesthetic treatment?
- It is very important to protect your skin when you are young with proper skin care and UV protection. Unfortunately, for most that is a lesson we do not understand until we are in our mid 30’s when we first start seeing fine lines and wrinkles. The younger you begin treating these fine lines with botox, the less you will need when you get older and the longer it will last in between treatments.
If You Are Interested In Reducing The Appearance Of Fine Lines And Wrinkles With Facial Injectables From Dougherty Dental Solutions, LLC In Wilmington, DE, Please Call Our Office At (302) 475-3270 Today!